Wednesday, 2 January 2008

Happy New Year!

And I haven't blogged here for ages! Very bad form. Let me make all the usual excuses about pressures of other work etc. Of course, those excuses won't be good enough, however. I reckon that blogging should become habitual. We all know with practice that habits become even more habit-forming-hence the difficulty of giving up so-called bad ones!

I have not made any New Year's resolutions that mean I have to beat myself up and be in denial. I've decided that it's more meaningful to embrace one or two really positive ones-and there'll be more chance of keeping sticking to them! So here's my main one ..to pursue pleasure even more avidly and frequently. There.

On a Web 2.0 note, I received several invitations to Christmas social events via Facebook. I still use it mostly for messaging. Not very adventurous there!

PGCertHE-wise, a new module, Assessing and Evaluating, is about to kick-off. Quite a few of you are getting your teeth into the Curriculum-based assignment and, from our discusssions in tutorials, I know that quite a few of you are thinking of creative ways to use Web 2.0 technologies in the curriculum.

Why not blog some of these? And/or pose some questions about your ideas; any sticky issues that your colleagues might be able to advise you on?

No comments: