Thursday, 21 June 2007

thanks for the invite!



This is a new experience for me too! I am really interested in exploring how technology can assist in building learning communities of various types. I am currently co-authoring an e-learning module on leading and managing at a distance for the Scottish NHS, so experimenting with this sort of technology is very relevant to me.

I am very new to De Montfort and though I have taught on University courses before as an associate lecturer, I have had no formal education in teaching and learning at this level.

I mostly teach post graduates and the more mature students are often quite scared of technology, so I'd be interetsed to see how easy it is too engage them in media like this.


I loved the first video, by the way - it demonstrated how quickly and effectively information can be conveyed using this sort of medium - I would have switched off if it had been a text based article...... instead I was inspired. Just as an a experiment, I am going to add some stuff to this blog - a link, an image perhaps....

OK that went well. In the middle of doing this, I navigated away in error and the blog was automatically saved as adraft. After a few minutes' exploration, I got it back! Hoorah!

OK - to finish, here's a link to my current favourite website:

www.bioteams.com

See you all next week.

Jane


4 comments:

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Hi Jane,

This looks good. Thanks for the link. I've followed it and it looks intriguing.

So, you're already working on an e-learning package-that's useful.

Glad you liked the video...I wonder if some people would find it off-putting rather than inspirational.

Maybe it depends on how confident we are with using these technologies.