Monday, 25 June 2007

Hi everyone!
I'm Barbara Howard and I will be meeting you all tomorrow on the course. I am a Lecturer/ practitioner in Neonatal Nursing and I work between DMU and UHL (University Hospitals Leicester).

I come from a nursing and midwifery background and although I do have an academic degree it was a long time ago; one thing that has been brought home to me since starting my current job is the vastly different experience that undergraduate students have in education today. I am hoping this course will help me to utilise and understand some of these aspects of modern learning and embed them in my neonatal nursing modules.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Barbara,

Yes, it's always interesting to compare and contrast our own educational experiences with those of the people we teach. A good reflective starting point, I think.

jchallinor said...

hi Barbara - I have a NHS background too! It'll be interestign to meet and compare notes!